On Monday, another accused Meeran Haider also applied to the restoration of inmate daily phone call facilities.
Jailed Naxal leader Kobad Ghandy, who was arrested for setting up a base of banned CPI-Maoist in the national capital, on Thursday sought bail from the Delhi high court on the ground that he has already been granted the relief by Andhra Pradesh high court in a case.
The Delhi police was specifically told on Wednesday by a court in New Delhi not to permit any other probe agency to interrogate journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in the February 13 bombing of an Israeli diplomat car.
The fresh charges against Chandrashekhar pertain to Rs 3.5 crore that Malvinder Singh's wife Japna is alleged to have paid after she was conned that this money would be used to bail her husband out.
Disgraced Indian junior diplomat Madhuri Gupta was given Rs 1 lakh for allegedly passing secret information to Pakistan intelligence agents, investigators told a Delhi court on Friday.
Pak spy Madhuri Gupta's bail plea rejected
A Delhi court on Monday charged alleged top naxal leader Kobad Ghandy with being a member of a banned terror outfit and furthering its activities in violation of the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act.
A Delhi court has sentenced an army jawan to seven years in jail for doubling as a Pakistan intelligence agent and supplying sensitive defence-related information to the neighbouring country.
According to the police, overall, 1,818 people have been arrested so far in 400 cases in connection with the riots. They said 342 charge sheets have been filed by Delhi Police by the end of 2020, out of which the trial court has taken cognizance 250 cases.
Banned militant outfit Indian Mujahideen's name has cropped up in the preliminary investigation into the twin blasts in Hyderabad in which the toll climbed to 16 on Friday.
A special court on Friday refused bail to six suspected Islamic State of Iraq and Syria operatives, arrested from different parts of the country, for allegedly promoting activities and ideologies of the banned terror outfit and luring the youths to join it.
Two days after naxal leader Kobad Ghandy was absolved of the terror charges under the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act for want of proper sanction, the police has made a fresh plea to a Delhi court with a renewed sanction of his prosecution under the anti-terror law.
According to senior officials, nine additional commissioners have been allocated departments and office spaces at different floors of the Civic Centre, while three deputy commissioners were also appointed.
Special judge Vikas Dhull issued a notice to Tihar jail authorities on Jain's plea and directed the prison officials to file their reply by Thursday when the court will hear the matter.
According to sources, the agencies have warned that two JeM terrorists have sneaked into the national capital with the intention to carry out high-profile strikes and a hostage crisis could also be possible.
The police can now name them in their supplementary charge sheet, an official said. In a late evening statement, the government said that this is a purely procedural matter, adding that the elected government has no role to play in this.
The city police on Tuesday moved the Delhi high court for slapping of a more stringent spying charge, entailing 14 years' jail term, on suspended Indian diplomat Madhuri Gupta
Security agencies have decided to bring arrested gangster Chhota Rajan to New Delhi with the Central Bureau of Investigation keeping him in custody for initial period before any other police force is allowed to take him for their respective investigations.
The city police's cyber cell submitted its affidavit before the metropolitan magistrate in suburban Bandra opposing the bail pleas filed by the three accused in the case -- Vishal Kumar Jha, Shweta Singh and Mayank Rawat.
Mussavir Hussain Shazib and Adbul Matheen Ahmed Taahaa were traced to their hideout near Kolkata and apprehended by an NIA team, they said.
Ankeet Chavan, who had earlier confessed to his involvement in the spot-fixing saga in IPL 6, has claimed that two more players were also approached by bookies, sources said on Friday.
The Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday drew flak as videos purportedly showing its jailed Delhi minister Satyendar Jain receiving massage and meeting visitors in his prison cell emerged, with the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party and Congress demanding his sacking and questioning the 'silence' of Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal.
Four modules of Sikh separatist group Babbar Khalsa International, arrested for planning to target religious figures, were on Wednesday sentenced to imprisonment already undergone after they pleaded guilty for being member of the banned outfit.
The Delhi Police has filed a chargesheet against the key handler of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, Abu Jundal, accusing him of being involved in terror activities across India to avenge atrocities against Muslims, particularly those committed during 2002 Gujarat riots.
No immediate reaction was available from the Aam Aadmi Party on the BJP's allegation.
Mohammed Mansoor Ashgar Peerbhoy, the computer engineer accused of sending emails on behalf of terror outfit Indian Mujahideen about different blasts across the country, was on Monday remanded to seven days police custody by a Delhi court. Peerbhoy, a former employee of Yahoo, was brought to the capital by the Delhi police's Special Cell on February 28 for his alleged role in the serial blasts that rocked Delhi on September 13 last year.
The role of a gangster lodged in Delhi's Tihar jail is being probed in connection with the message on Telegram channel, through which an outfit named Jaish-ul-Hind had claimed responsibility for placing an explosives-laden SUV near industrialist Mukesh Ambani's house in Mumbai, a police official said.
The sad thing is that They don't know how to make me die
The police said that they needed the custody of the dreaded terrorist to know about the role of "insiders and outsiders" who assisted him and five others in fleeing from Nabha jail in Patiala.
Arrested Pakistani national Mohammad Omar Madni is a top aide of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Mohd Saeed, a prime accused in the terror attack on Mumbai. "He is a close aide of Hafiz Saeed and has been operating from Nepal for the past one year," a senior Delhi police official said. Madni has been a close aide of Saeed since 2000 and was involved in recruiting cadres for the Lashkar-e-Tayiba outfit, he said.
The probe by the Bengaluru police in coordination with the special cell of the Delhi police has revealed that the team of 10 persons from the Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami and the Lashkar-e-Tayiba had split into two groups to carry out a series of operations in Karnataka.
The Delhi police is investigating a case of blackmailing in which sitar-player Anoushka Shankar, daughter of legendary musician Pandit Ravi Shankar, was blackmailed by a man who allegedly accessed her photographs stored in her laptop.The man, whose identity has not been revealed, has been arrested by the Special Cell of the Delhi police, following investigations in Mumbai.Pandit Ravi Shankar had written to the Home Ministry about the harassment his daughter was facing.
Toral Varia Deshpande brings you the details of how rivalry between India's two of the most recognised agencies, the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad and the Special Cell of Delhi Police, has cost India one it's most wanted terrorist and 13/7 Mumbai serial blasts mastermind -- Yasin Ahmad Siddibappa alias Yasin Bhatkal.
A 24-year-old mechanic with the Navy has been arrested on charges of spying for Pakistan and police claimed to have recovered from him some "secret and sensitive" documents like photographs of Hindan Air Base and map of Meerut Cantonment.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police produced Tunda before Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Amit Bansal and sought 10 days' custody for interrogation, saying it had to establish the source of explosives which were provided to various Pakistani nationals arrested in 1998 in connection with 37 bomb blasts.
Mohammed Mansoor Ashgar Peerbhoy, the computer engineer accused of sending e-mails on behalf of terror outfit Indian Mujahideen about various serial blasts, was on Saturday sent to ten-day police custody by a Delhi court. The techie was arrested along with three others by the anti-terror cell of Mumbai Police last year. Public Prosecutor Rajeev Mohan said Peerbhoy, 31, headed the media cell of the terrorist outfit. He hacked WiFi networks in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.
Since he handled telecom, mining, shipping and transportation industries, we are looking into all his activities at the ministry. This could possibly be a case of industrial espionage," a senior police officer of the special cell, involved in the case's investigation told rediff.com.
The Central Information Commision has directed the Delhi Police to submit all documents pertaining to the Batla House encounter before it by Thursday to decide whether the information can be disclosed to an RTI applicant or not.
Dar was, however, acquitted of the charges of conspiracy to wage a war against the government by carrying out the blasts.